I'm a son of God through the faith of the Risen Lord Jesus...see what kind of love the Father has for us, that we should be called children of God. That's exactly what we are. We are the children of God now and it does not yet appear what we shall be like, but this much we know, when He appears, we shall all appear with Him in glory.
Here's the deal:
1. God either exists or He doesn't.
2. If God exists, He must exist as Creator and not just another part of the creation. If He were just another part of the creation, He wouldn't be God, right?
3. If God is Creator and created the universe out of nothing, then God is infinite in power.
4. If God is infinite in one of His characteristics, then He must be infinite in all of them.
5. Then if God is love, He must be infinite love (and yes, infinite wrath and holiness and righteousness, too, but that's not my focus here).
6. If God is infinite love, then He loves me, right here, right now; whether I feel it or not, whether I understand it or not - maybe even whether I want it or not :-)
7. SO...whatever happens to me, whether God makes it happen or allows it to happen, it's SOMEHOW a gift of love.
8. If you're still not convinced that God loves you, take a good look at the cross and see the bleeding, tortured body of Jesus hanging there.
Trust me, God loves you; right here right now...
and that makes all the difference.
HERE'S MY E-MAIL: email@example.com
"Given the unblushing promise of rewards found in the Gospels and the staggering nature of those rewards, it would seem our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak." from the sermon "Weight of Glory" preached by C.S. Lewis on whom be all blessing.